WHO WE HELP
- People living on the edge, starting the long journey back to responsible citizenship.
- Those moving from treatment or court mandated programs to self motivated peer support.
- Families, as they heal from the impact of addiction, rebuilding and stabilizing their lives.
- The community through recovery and prevention outreach programs that are free to the public.
WHY WE HELP
- 2/3 of Americans view addiction as an illness, something individuals cannot remedy alone.
- Participation in peer recovery support groups increase the likelihood of maintaining abstinence.
- New Hampshire’s limited services for treatment and no public structures to aid those in recovery.
- Every $1.00 spent on treatment and recovery is estimated to return $18.52 in benefits to society.
- To fill a vital gap in the support structure that can be crucial to initiate and maintain recovery.
- To elevate awareness of the economic and social contributions of recovering people.
HOW WE HELP
To learn more about How We Help at Keene Serenity Center, please click here to download out “Hand-in-Hand Recovery” brochure.
- Provide peer to peer recovery services to those struggling with addiction and to their family.
- Offer Telephone Recovery Support services to those in recovery wanting additional weekly support via phone.
- Distributing free literature to the public from various recovery programs to help initiate recovery.
- Offering a drop-in center for the recovery community to reinforce interpersonal skills.
- Maintaining a library that is geared to help those in recovery enjoy and build a better life.
- Organizing workshops, lectures and seminars which will enhance recovery and/or educate the public